When I’m not writing, or doing things with my kids, I’m generally reading. I keep my “Currently Reading” section updated on Goodreads, but there’s a lot of “to read” books that are on my shelf there that I’m not even close to getting to just yet. So, I thought I’d give you a little inside glimpse as to what I’m reading right now (and what I think of it), and what’s next on the “to read” list.
Here’s what I’m currently reading:
1. The Here and Now by Ann Brashares. This is an advance copy of the book, which will be released April 8, 2014. I’m almost done with this book, and will be posting a review on my site, as well as Goodreads and NetGalley (where I got the book) when I finish. I can tell you right now that I am thoroughly enjoying this book.
2. The Nekkid Truth by Nicole Camden. This is a book that I started and set aside because I just couldn’t get into it. It’s actually more of a novella, and it’s an erotica title set to be released on Monday. I found myself rather bored with it early on, and though I keep saying I will get back to it, I haven’t yet.
3. A Study in Scarlet (Sherlock Holmes) by Sir Arthur Conan Doyle. This is actually reading I’m doing with my kids for homeschooling. They do independent reading, of course, but we also read together. We love the show Elementary on CBS, and decided after we finished Jules Verne’s Journey To the Center of the Earth recently, that we would read some Sherlock Holmes for comparison and just for fun.
So, those are what I’m currently reading. Now, what’s next on my reading list? Here you go:
1. Cult by Warren Adler. This book was released on February 14, 2014, and I’m very intrigued by the description. The basic premise is that a woman helps (or tries to help) her ex rescue his wife from a cult, and the cult (naturally) tries to hinder them at every opportunity.
2. Under Cold Stone by Vicki Delany. This book will be released on April 1, 2014. Again, I have an advance copy through NetGalley. This is about a couple investigating after the son of one of them goes missing – with a dead body in his apartment.
3. He Texted by Lisa Winning & Carrie Henderson McDermott. Another advance copy of a book through NetGalley, this one to be released on April 15th, 2014. I am not dating at the moment, and to be honest, don’t have much interest in dating. However, I must admit (at the risk of making myself sound pretty old) that dating is very different today than it was before I met and married my ex. Back then, online dating was really frowned upon by the people I knew, and I don’t think texting was even a thing yet. I thought it might be interesting to read a book that claims to help decode men, to be able to help you figure out when to text him (or not text him), what his texts mean, and what it really means to be friends with him on Facebook.
So those are the books I plan to start next. I will be finishing The Here and Now tonight (within the next couple of hours, probably, if I can stop writing long enough!), and starting Cult immediately after, I think – although I am considering starting Under Cold Stone first. Decisions, decisions.
Now that you know what’s on my reading list, what’s on yours? Any recommendations? Any suggestions to avoid?